cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to change mobile plans

CJW1234
Joining in

I'm currently unable to change my mobile phone plan via the Virgin Mobile portal.

I'm greeted with "This action cannot be carried out as the Financial Account has a soft lock active." No PAC code has been requested, no payment has been missed, I've only received monthly statement notifications to the registered number and E-mail address.

Why is there a soft lock active on my account?

This is pretenting me from switching from an older, higher cost, out of contract plan.

3 REPLIES 3

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi CJW1234 👋

Thanks for posting, and a warm welcome to our Community Forums.

I'm sorry to hear you're currently having trouble changing your package due to a Soft Lock. When a soft lock has been applied to your account, this means you are due to be migrated to O2 within 30 days. You should receive a text/email shortly before the migration is due to happen.

With a soft lock being applied, both you, and we are unable to make any changes to the account during this period. We're very sorry for any inconvenience this may be causing you in the meantime. However, once the migration has completed, you will be able to call the O2 Customer Services Team, who will be able to look into your contract pricing.

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

CJW1234
Joining in

For clarification, I'm now prevented from modifying my plan for, possibly, a further payment term whilst Virgin mobile carries out internal work?

Will the soft lock prevent me from requesting a PAC code and closing my Virgin account to migrate away from this provider?

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi CJW1234 👋

That's correct. As a Soft Lock is active on your account, we/you would not be able to change any account details until after the migration has been completed. You can request a PAC Code as normal, should you use it to move to another provider and take your number.

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ