Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Unable to access PAC number through any channel

Having gone out of contract, I was only paying a small amount monthly for airtime, which suited me while I shopped around for a better deal and a better phone (my #Samsung J3 6# has Android 5 and a measly 8GB internal memory).  My monthly tariff suddenly increased to £8 but still with the same crappy phone -  a bad customer service experience sealed the deal; I'm finally moving from Virgin after 19 years

Anyway, I've tried texting "PAC" and my date of birth to 65075 - it's not working (and is probably costing me each time I try).

I've tried calling but there are no staff to answer my call.

I've tried the online request service but all I get is the annoying "Oops, our system is broken" message.

So I have a new phone lined up with a new provider, cheaper than I'm paying now just for minimal usage, but can't initiate the changeover because Virgin is failing to supply my PAC.

Can I take legal action because I think VM is being deliberately obstructive?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to access PAC number through any channel

Texts to that number are free. But yes it should work. 

Try the Text Service on 07533016422 or see if you can do it from your account.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I tried that number too. Didn't work - in fact, it was a waste of time, going through the validation etc. to be told that they were less able to help than a chocolate teapot.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

..."try it from your account"? What do you think I meant when I said I'd tried and failed online?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Good Evening iboz63,

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to see you've been able to get a hold of your PAC code, have you been able to obtain this since your most recent post on Saturday or are you still in need of this information?

Drop a response below and either I or one of my colleagues will be able to assist you, once data protection has been passed

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos