cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Make Outgoing Calls and Use Data

rturner9819
Joining in

Hi,

For over a month now I haven't been able to make outgoing calls and use my mobile data outside of Wifi. I am able to Receive Phone Calls and Texting Both Ways Works Perfectly. I have spoken to the Whatsapp techinical Three Times and had two SIM replacements but it still hasn't resolved the issue. I have been told to call the higher technical team on 03454541111 but I cannot make phone calls and I live alone so have no other device to use. Please could I ask one of the team call me instead?

I would really appreciate a prompt resolution as this has gone on for far too long.

Thanks,

Rach

10 REPLIES 10

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @rturner9819

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you on the team! 

I'm so sorry to hear you are facing this issue with your phone and the SIM replacements have not yet resolved this! 

Can I ask what happens when you try to make a call? Do you get a dial tone at all? 

Have you been able to try the SIM in another handset at all? 

Thank you. 

Hi Ashleigh,

It doesn't ring at all, just cuts off and says call ended. I had tried it in an old mobile phone and the same happened. With the Whatsapp Team, I've tried turning off dial assist, Wifi Calling, and Resetting the Network Settings and that didn't work.

Thanks

Rach

Thank you for responding @rturner9819

What specifically happens when you make the call? Does the call end straight away or does it make a noise at all? 

Can you confirm the make and model of your handset and the older handset you used? 

What message do you get when you try to use the mobile data and access a web page? 

Thank you. 

The call does not make any noise at all, it doesn't ring, it cuts off straight away and says call ended. I have taken a screen recording video if you would like me to send it.

I have a new phone, Iphone 13 and previous was an Iphone 7 Plus. When I first got the Iphone 13, it works for a couple of days but then I'm not sure what happened.

If I'm trying to open apps such as Facebook or Whatsapp, they just won't load but an internet page comes up with 'Safari cannot open the page because your IPhone is not connected to the internet'. 

Thanks

Rach

Thank you @rturner9819

Do you have a non iPhone that you can try the SIM in at all? 

Is there a mobile symbol showing at the top of the handset? 

Thanks again. 

I don't unfortunately, I don't have my old phone either anymore. 

I've got full bars and it says Virgin next to it but I never see it say 4G when I'm away from Wifi, I'm not sure if this is normal though.

Thanks

Rach

Thank you for replying and answering all the questions @rturner9819 I do hope we can get to the bottom of this for you! 

Can I ask you to just check that data is switched on by going to:

Settings > Mobile Data > Ensure Mobile data is turned on. 

If it is on please select Mobile Data Options > ensure roaming is turned off and Voice & Data option is set to 4G.

Thank you. 

Thanks Ashleigh, I tried that then restarting the phone, still not working unfortunately.

Thanks,

Rach 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @rturner9819,

Thank you for keeping us updated on this issue and I'm sorry to hear that the problem is ongoing. I'll be more than happy to investigate this further for you via Private Message.

Please keep an eye out for a purple envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. I will be in touch soon.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs