Menu
mwarby
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Ultimate oomph - porting out

I have a bundle through retentions which includes a sim, an oomph bundle, with mobile being a 30 day contract, the rest 18 month

The contract states that if I port my number out that unless I say otherwise they will send a new sim with a new number. Texting to request PAC states that my bundle would no longer be an oomph bundle.

Which if these is correct ? and if the bundle is no longer an oomph bundle does this affect the discounts for none mobile aspect ? I don’t expect to save much (the sim added less than £5 to bundle IIRC) but also don’t want the price to go up somehow

0 Kudos
Aaron2
Well-informed
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Ultimate oomph - porting out

If you're on Ultimate Oomph and remove the Sim then you would be put to the non Oomph equivalent and your discount will be lost. 

** I work for VirginMedia but all opinions posted here are my own.
0 Kudos
mwarby
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

So I’d be tied to the 18 month term, at the completely none discounted price ?

That seems to go against this from my contract

“If you have a Ultimate Oomph bundle and you choose to port your mobile number to another network, then unless you contact us beforehand and tell us that you want to cancel your airtime services, we will send you another SIM with a new number following a successful credit check.”

0 Kudos
mwarby
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

The sms after requesting PAC states

‘Switching a mobile number included in your Oomph bundle? This means your bundle will become a regular bundle and you'll lose your Oomph bundle benefits like your broadband speed boost. Your Family Plan discount will be reduced if you switch any numbers currently included in the plan.’

I don’t see how both the contract and this SMS can be correct

0 Kudos
mwarby
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: big oomph - porting out

Sorry I’m on big oomph bundle not ultimate oomph, if that makes a difference 

0 Kudos
BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

If you're on the Ultimate Oomph bundle, then if you Switch Out you will be sent a new SIM - the Ultimate Oomph bundle is only valid with the inclusive SIM and there is no close equivalent bundle to be moved to.

For other Oomph bundles if you Switch Out you are usually moved to the closest non-Oomph bundle. However this does mean that you would lose any promotional pricing that applies to your current bundle. So the price difference will depend on the current bundle and any timed discounts.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
mwarby
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Ok it sounds like from my contract I could argue that I haven’t cancelled the service (as I’d just get a new sim and number) so my bundle would still stand.

I expect in practice though I may have my bundle changed and discounts removed. If I could get them back, I expect it could be a hassle, especially in the current situation with call centres.

It would be good I think though to have the contract and text message say the same thing, which would make it a lot clearer

0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi mwarby, thanks for the message and sorry for the delayed reply. I can see that the query is surrounding the oomph packages. The oomph bundle is for four services and by removing one you would not be able to have the oomph bundle. If however you wanted to port the number out and get a new sim from us we will be able to put the oomph bundle on the new sim. (this would require another credit check). If you no longer want the sim we would change this to the nearest package and would recommend speaking to us so that we can tell you what packages would be suitable to you. Chris 

0 Kudos
MartynJones87
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi @BenMcr,

Could you please confirm this is still the case?

I'd like to port my number (currently on my Ultimate Oomph bundle sim) out to a different network and get a new sim with a new number to carry on my Ultimate Oomph bundle, which I can put into my son's phone. Do I just request my PAC code and everything else happens automatically?

Thanks very much,

Martyn.

0 Kudos
Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Martyn, 

Thanks for your post. 

If you were to port the number out to another provider then this would cancel that part of the Ultimate Oomph package. Due to this you would need to speak to the team to upgrade the SIM or number that you want as part of the oomph package and then once that's done you can port the number out that you wish to keep. You can reach the team on 0345 600 0789.

Hope this clarifies things. If you need any further help then let us know. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos