cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB Tethering not working on some phones

xxxyyyzzz
Tuning in

USB tethering with my VM SIM on previous Nexus 5x phone was fine.

On my new POCO F3, the same SIM works in all other respects (except that the My Virgin Media app can never validate it) but USB tethering is not possible in either SIM slot. The PC connects to the phone and sees the network adapter created by the phone but it appears that DHCP configuration never happens and so there is no IP number or working network. An iD SIM in the same phone works correctly.

I have another Nexus 5x - this was never used with the VM SIM and it behaves like the POCO - normal except for the My Virgin Media app and no DHCP configuration when attempting USB tethering. It is almost as if the VM SIM is partially locked to the Nexus 5x in which it was previously used.

Anyone seen anything like this? Suggestions?

1 REPLY 1

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @xxxyyyzzz,

Welcome back to our community forums and sorry to hear about your tethering issues.

We can understand the frustration caused and we want to best help. Just to clarify, what is your reason for tethering? 

Is this for data usage or data transfer? Also, can you confirm if you bought the device from us? You may find the following link useful to contact POCO in regards to this  https://c.po.co/global/.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs