Menu
edallen
Joining in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

URGENT No Service

Hi,

I cannot make, receive calls which I need to do for work has I am working from home and have my work phone diverted to my mobile. I have tried restarting the phone, removing the sim and reinserting, switching on and off the airplane mode but nothing has worked. Your coverage checker and EE/02 says there is no issue.

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: URGENT No Service

Virgin use either EE or Vodafone for signal. So it is both of those you need to check. Don't go on the coverage checker but select the appropriate button for fault checking.

O2 remain totally separate on the Mobile front

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
edallen
Joining in
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

i did that and nothing, like i have said i need this issue sorting has I am still working from home and need to be able to make and receive phone calls to resolve issues with suppliers and customers.

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Regretfully this is a Community Forum and not first line support. It can take some time for the forum team to get to you.

I suggest contacting CS direct 0345 6000 789

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi edallen,

Thanks for posting on our community forums. Really sorry to hear that you're having issues making and receiving calls on our network.

We appreciate you trying all the diagnostics already, however this does not seem to have made a difference. Remotely looking from our end with the details you have provided from your community profile, I can see that you have called today and we are sending our a replacement sim card.

Please can we ask that you keep us updated with how things are once you receive your new sim? 

Kind regards Jodi. 

0 Kudos
Steambug
Joining in
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Same thing happened to me yesterday.

Turns out that Virgin have deactivated my SIM card as I need a new one to be able to switch to the Virgin/Vodafone network. They "helpfully" have sent me a new one on the same day they deactivated my old one. It should arrive in 3-5 days. I am not happy. I had no warning they would do this and I'm without a functioning mobile phone for 3-5 days because of them. 😡😡😡

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your post Steambug, and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to hear of the inconvenience the deactivation of the SIM card has caused you.

Do feel free to come back to us if you're still waiting for the new SIM card by this time next week

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
edallen
Joining in
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Why was my sim deactivated without warning? you are leaving customers without means of contacting people if you are deactivating sims without warning. if there was no good reason for this action then i will looking at leaving virgin mobile. 

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

We are aware of some customers who were deactivated in error

We understand that of course this isn't ideal and we've been doing all we can to have these cases resolved in a timely manner

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
edallen
Joining in
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

frankly that is disgraceful. i have had no service since sunday and need my mobile for work has my works landline is divert to my mobile as well as contacting friends and family in emergencies. what are going to do compensate those that had their sims deactivated in error?

I am now looking what deals there with other providers.

0 Kudos