cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UO re contract

Treble1
Fibre optic

Should I of received a new sim when I re contracted recently I think I’m still on ee should I of been sent a 5g Vodafone sim thanks 

6 REPLIES 6

Corey_C

Thanks for your post, Treble1,

No you do not get a new SIM every time you re-contract with us. We will send a new SIM if your have an older SIM and have ordered a 5G tariff but the 5G service has been extended to your area which will trigger the migration process. 

Cheers,

Corey C

I’m on ultimate oomph 1gig I know it’s unlimited everything sim does that include 5g ? Thanks 

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Corey_C wrote:

Thanks for your post, Treble1,

No you do not get a new SIM every time you re-contract with us. We will send a new SIM if your have an older SIM and have ordered a 5G tariff but the 5G service has been extended to your area which will trigger the migration process. 

Cheers,

Corey C

Er. Are we saying here that people have to be able to get 5G enabled only when they live in a 5G area? 

I'm not in a 5G area but have been using it this week in the town centre.

I'm intregued to know how a SIM that only picks up 4G and less knows when there is a 5G signal. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Ah OK, I'm not sure... but happy to take a look for you. I'll send you a private message to confirm your account details.

Cheers,

Corey C

Not sure I understand your query, enlli,

However my reply is based on the 5G migration process which has to do with updating the database of customers that live in 5G areas and therefore able to use the 5G Voda SIM. My understanding is that this migration process is still not at 100% therefore there are some customers who might still only have the EE SIM as an option. There is the other scenario that a customer might well indeed live in a 5G area but has not had the SIM migration or a 5G tariff put on which would send the newer 5G SIM.  Hope that made sense.

Cheers,

Corey C

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Interesting to know what they mean by area. No 5G here but there is a mile away, and plenty in the city centre. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks