cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Txt msg……is this a genuine txt??

paull37
Tuning in

We were unable to validate your billing information. Please confirm your current info to avoid your line being suspended:   https://virgin-mobileupdate.com/

had this txt msg a couple of times now,wasn’t sure if it’s genuine or not.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

carl_pearce
Community elder
16 REPLIES 16

carl_pearce
Community elder

Speaks for itself...

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @paull37 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome back to the community forums.

We are so sorry that you have faced this issue with text message, we have checked and this does not appear to be a message that we would send.

I have reported this to the relevant teams so we are aware this has happened. 

Thank you again for reporting this.

paull37
Tuning in

Thank you for letting me know,I never click links 

Thank you @paull37 and please do pop back to the forums in the future should you need any help.

AdMc
Tuning in

I receIved this text this morning FROM VIRGIN MOBILE'S EMAIL ADDRESS!!!
It came in after a text re voicemail which is legitimate. If someone has hacked into Virgin's email system, can they also hack into billing, even if we don't follow the fake link?

Hi AdMc,

As advised previously in this thread this is a known scam and we'd recommend deleting the text and blocking the number.

Thanks

Rob

AdMc
Tuning in

The number was Virgin's number they text me on

Hi I also received a text message today, unfortunately I responded as I am currently facing difficulties with my phone due to virgin deactivating my sim which is causing me major issues when I got this message it was from virgin media and I thought it was genuine as I have previous messages from virgin too so I thought it was not a scam I have to verify my direct debit details I am extremely concerned now that I have been a victim to potential fraud but on my part I was unsure as I felt the text was reputable. 

Exactly I thought it was genuine!