Menu
chickentoast26
Just joined
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Two SIMS and no phone

So I recently ordered an iPhone 12 with unlimited calls, texts, and data for £40/mo.  This was on the 29th of Feb.  The order has been parked since then.  However, I received a call a few days ago.  I was told that I couldn't have it, and then 2 minutes later, told that I could.  So with me being under the impression that my order was all fine, I was then told that I could do a family plan and receive another SIM card, bringing the total up to £48/mo.  I agreed and assumed that everything was fine, and that I would receive a phone and 2 SIM cards.

I have now discovered that I indeed wasn't getting a phone, but was instead getting just two SIM cards, which doesn't make sense anyway.  Why would you send me SIM cards for a phone that I'm not getting??  In all honesty, in the nicest way possible, I could barely understand the woman whom I was speaking to, and I think that's not a good sign at all when talking about money.

She also offered to set up some account for me, and asked me to choose a password.  I have tried logging into a Virgin Media account, using my login for this, my mobile login, AND the login that I provided this person, and I'm still unable to get in.  Buying a phone shouldn't be this complicated for anyone.

The thing that's confused me the most about all of this, is that the iPhone order has a different Order ID, and is still parked.  So I have no idea what to do now or what to cancel or no cancel.  Preferably I'd like to cancel the entire service, as this company is a complete shambles when it comes to customer service and not confusing people, as has become plainly evident to me upon reading the reviews.

Please help me, as soon as you can x

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Two SIMS and no phone

Hi chickentoast26,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

I'm terribly sorry for our delayed response and for the poor experience you have had when trying to purchase a handset and SIM plan with us. I can imagine how frustrating this must have been, and I am also puzzled as to why two SIMs were sent out, instead of the SIM and the handset.

I know it's been a while since you posted here, but I have popped you over a PM offered to help further from there just incase. You'll be able to find it over at the purple envelope.

Kind regards,

Beth

0 Kudos