Menu
Mrsajk
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Turned off Parental - Not working

Hi, 

Since I had my SIM with Virgin my parental control was ON. Never got round to turning it off as was constantly using WIFI. 

Now I travel long journeys frequently and I couldn't get onto betting websites. So I finally realised the Parental Control was ON. I have just turned it OFF this morning. 

So I tested it, using my data and trying to get onto betting websites. It's still blocked, comes up with

Page will not load

So have I done anything wrong? How long does it take to update the phone/data that I haven't got a parental control on? 

Thank you so much. As I'm useless with technologies! 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Turned off Parental - Not working

Hello

What country are you in, as a lot of the UK betting sites can only ever be accessed in the UK only, see https://www.thepunterspage.com/betting-online-abroad/

this is down the local laws regarding online betting.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Mrsajk
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. 

I live in the UK. I still would have thought it'd be accessible if using UK sites? Which I am. 

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hello

The  point being is that other countries have different laws regarding online betting, even if you are from the UK and  say for example traveling to UAE then you cannot bet online I am afraid that the laws of the country you are in apply and not UK laws.

I know for France all online gambling companies have to be registered locally, if they are not no access there is nothing VM can do, the only way I know around this is too use a VPN with a local endpoint in the UK, but that would mean braking the local laws.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Mrsajk
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Gotcha. I understand now, thank you for your help. 

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello

To further add a lot of the UK betting website also use a system called Geo Location too stop them breaking laws will not allow access to the site when outside of UK.

Your welcome, if you have any more queries by all means come on back to the forum we do have a great team of VM staff members, VIPs and normal customers with a great deal of knowledge. Stay safe and have a great weekend.

Regards Mike

0 Kudos