Menu
Carpfisher
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Trouble with receiving text from I Phones to my Samsung

I am new to Virgin Mobile and received my phone (Samsung Galaxy A41) and new mobile number very recently. (Apparently my number is a recycled number so someone in the world has had it before)

I sent out a text to all my contacts informing them of my new number.

I have had several text coming through ok from other Android users but if one of my contacts has an IPhone and messages me, I don't always get it, and they get a response from someone called Oakley. This only happens if they text, if they ring me it comes through to me on my number.

Someone has suggested that as my number is recycled, the previous owner of the number still has the number registered in the Cloud and any one using an IPhone the messages go as an iMessage.

I rang Virgin media about this and they suggested I ring Apple (Which was not very helpful) 

Can anybody help please.

0 Kudos
Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Trouble with receiving text from I Phones to my Samsung

Hi Carpfisher, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

Really sorry you're having some issues with texting since joining us, this isn't good. 

I'd also like to apologise for the delay in getting back in touch, we have been busier than usual. 

It does sound like somebody else still has the number linked to Apple, this is something they would need to remove themselves but I can appreciate that isn't going to be easy to do. 

We do have the option of changing your number from here if you'd prefer? Or did you have a number with a previous provider you wanted to bring over via a PAC?

Let us know and we'll be able to help. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos