Menu
NickWal
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Transferring Oomph Unlimited Plan to Another Phone Number

I have 2 Virgin mobile numbers on my Virgin account. My phone number uses the Virgin Oomph unlimited data and call package and the other phone number I pay £9 per month for (SIM only).

Like a lot of people I am working from home and I have nothing but trouble with my mobile service. It's 5G but I've never had a 5G signal (I have an iPhone 12), despite having been in the centre of Manchester and Liverpool. At home even the 4G signal is terrible. It can take me 30-60 seconds from dialling a contact before anything happens. Most often I get a call failed message. Lost count of the times people have said they have tried to call me but couldn't get through, despite the phone sitting next to me. I need it for work and I can't continue with this. I've called support. Was told there was a problem with an EE mast but got an SMS from EE saying the problem was fixed. No reported issues in the area now. Was also told by support they had escalated my 5G problem to the technical team, and that 5G should be available on 9th June......... Virgin uses Vodafone for 5G. My mate in the next street has Vodafone and has no issues with 5G.

So - what I need to do is transfer my mobile number to another provider and transfer the Virgin Oomph package to the other number on my account that I pay £9 per month for, and then presumably save the £9 per month.

How do I do this? Thanks

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Transferring Oomph Unlimited Plan to Another Phone Number

Hi NickWal,

Just a thought, but if VM have changed over to the Vodafone network for 5G in your area, have you tried changing the mobile network to Vodafone?

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
NickWal
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Dave. I just tried that but not getting any signal at all so had to switch back.
0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

If you are supposed to be on 5G then you will be running on Vodafone so looking at EE will not give any answers. 

I'm Liverpool based and on Vodafone and the last time I was in the city centre I was getting around 500 Mb / Sec.

If you are still on EE then you will not get 5G at all.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
NickWal
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I ended up getting a pac code and moved from Virgin to Vodafone. Immediately I had 5G. 

VM supposed to be using Vodafone 5G but I couldn’t get it at all. Spent over an hour on the phone with them over multiple occasions and 2 new sims. Still didn’t resolve the issue.  

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your post and updates, NickWal,

Sorry to hear that you have left us as the outcome. 

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos