Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Transfer of ownership

I originally took out a Pay Monthly Sim deal for my daughter and was paying for the account. However, we changed the bank account details to my daughter a few years ago but the account name was never updated. I have tried to update it three times in the last week and have been told different things every time. First i was told to transfer the account to PAYG and i'll receive a call back in 24 hours to finalise the change. I did not recieve a call back. I then spoke to another employee, who said the same thing and changed my account to PAYG again. I again, did not receive a call back. I have rang again today and have been told i need to wait until the 2nd June, as i had also asked to change my tariff on the first call and i need to wait for this to be cancelled before transferring ownership. I also raised a complaint and was told a manager would ring me back, again, no one has rang me back.

I don't understand why this procedure is so difficult when i only want to change the name and not the bank details. I'm happy to take my business elsewhere if this can't be resolved.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Transfer of ownership

Hi ramneekkb,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

I'm really sorry that you've had a tough time getting this account transferred in to your daughters name. I can imagine the frustration this is causing you. 

If you're wanting to change a pay monthly account in to your daughters name, we would first need to change the account to pay as you go. Once this has been done, we'd transfer it in to your daughters name. Then your daughter would need to have a credit check done to have the package added back on. 

I'm happy to take a look at the account and help you, don't worry.

I'll pop you a private message now.

Thanks

Melissa