Menu
srijan
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Transfer of Ownership

I have been referred here from Twitter by Virgin Media team, to start a thread with regards to change of Ownership of my number. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Transfer of Ownership

Hello

I am afraid that what you are asking is not possible you cannot transfer the ownership of any accounts with Virginmedia be that mobile or media.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community Forums, srijan,

You can transfer ownership of accounts, depending on a few things. You can read more here: https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-account-change-name

With mobile accounts, transferring is a little different as it involves converting the account to PAYG and then changing the name for the account holder. This means that contracts are not transferable. If there is a contract on the mobile account, that needs to be resolved by the current account holder before transferring ownership. The incoming account holder must also be aware that in taking the number and setting up a contract they will be taking on a new contract and will be subject to a credit check.

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos
srijan
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi C Corey

Thank you for the information. I was directed here by the twitter social media team of Virgin Media . I have already done the procedure once where I along with the current owner have called the customer care on 04/04/21 but due to technical problems at your end it never got through.

I was made aware that I could create a thread here , make the owner join and you guys would be able to sort it out for me this time around.

Regards,

Srijan

0 Kudos
Tom_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank for letting us know Srijan, I will get in touch so we can help further - just look out for my PM (the purple envelope) and we'll take it from there.

Tom

0 Kudos
ash101437
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hello,

I am the account holder. I have gone through the entire process on the phone with an virgin advisor, when Srijan and I made the call together. I was told that everything was done and dusted but dismayed to see that we keep going through the same process again and again.

0 Kudos
Tom_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for getting in touch ash101437, sorry that this has been so difficult to get sorted out - please look out for my PM and I'll be able to help further.

Tom 

0 Kudos