Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Transfer of Number

I have just transferred my old number to Virgin Mobile. On my account it says that the transfer is complete but I have now had no network on either of my SIM cards since 12noon. I know they said there might be a delay in service but at almost 9 hours I feel there may be something wrong. Thought I would see if there was a solution here before ringing the dreadful call centres. I have reset my phone a couple of times since the 'Emergency Calls Only' has been scrolling across the top of my phone and taken the SIM in and out, but to no avail. If anyone could point me in the right direction, that would be helpul. TIA

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Transfer of Number

I’ve just got my daughter new phone which was delivered today, on ordering the phone I gave pac number to transfer her number over to virgin. When we put new sim in her phone it had transferred her number over, but now it has reverted back to new virgin number and we can’t get through to speak to anyone at virgin

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

It is so frustrating, tomorrow will be the 5th day that I haven't had any network, so no data, phone calls or messages. My daughter's school have tried to get in contact, as have her dance teacher and I'm waiting on her hospital clinic to get back to me too. She is classed as vulnerable and I don't have a landline!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Stewma82,

Welcome to our community and thanks for posting. Sorry to hear you're having issues with our mobile network, we understand the frustration caused when things don't work as they should.

Upon checking remotely from our end we can see there is work planned maintenance being undertaken that will be affecting your services.

In the meantime can we ask if you have tried your sim card in another handset or have you tried a
another sim in your handset to see if you get any network signal?

Please let us know of the above 

Kind regards Jodi

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Yes, my family are on virgin and they are not having any issues. This has been since Saturday and it isn't intermittent just non existent. Their sim cards work in my phone but mine doesn't work in theirs.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to Stewma82,

We appreciate you trying the diagnostics for us. As you advised that your family sim cards work in your phone but yours is not working in theirs make me think there may be a fault with your sim card.

We will need to take a closer look at this for you, I will pop you over a private message. Click on the purple envelope to accept the chat.

Kind  regards Jodi

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

My sim card was working until I asked for a transfer of number, that is when I began having problems. I don't have an inbox message to open as of yet.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I have not heard anything from anyone since just before 4pm yesterday, there is still an issue, I have no network. I am paying for this!!

0 Kudos