Menu
Chief5843
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Trade in

I contacted virgin for an upgrade on my mobile phone and was offered £178.00 for my old handset. So agreed to a new 3 yr contract and sent in my handset. Received my new one and then received email today telling me I’m only getting £50.
Tried contacting customer services as link supplied doesn’t work, given two wrong contact numbers for Bright Store to establish what’s going on and neither works and if I don’t contact them within 5 days I have to accept the £50 offer. I feel like I have been conned.
The offer was made verbally then sent out in an email. I was given the following numbers +44 270410000 & 0844 225 6333 and no I haven’t been back in contact with the mobile team because it took long enough to get through the last time and I have a family to look after.

Gary

0 Kudos
Zoie_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Trade in

Hi Cheif5843, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our forums 🙂

I am so sorry to hear you have been offered something different from what was quoted, did the email advise this was due to any damage on the phone? Was your phone in good working condition when sent?

Zoie

Zoie
0 Kudos
Chief5843
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Zoie, 

my phone was in good working order and only had a few minor cosmetic marks from wear and tear over the past 3 years that I’ve had it. I’ve had no operational issues with the handset and the screen and back are original with no repairs required. I feel I was given a false quote to get me to take the upgrade and new contract. 

Gary

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to us Chief5843,

We would have to advise that all quotes offered are estimates only. 

I suspect it's a bit of a long shot but is there any possibility that you have any pictures on the phone you've sent into us? 

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
Chief5843
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

No unfortunately not and they have now finalised the trade up as it took so long to contact them. I feel totally duped by virgin and brightstore and will not not be renewing any of my family’s contracts when they are up. A complete sham and it’s no wonder people want to leave, given that type of service. 

0 Kudos