Menu
Salt25
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Trade in and cashback

Took out a new contract with Virgin in Oct 2020 with a promise of £100 cashback alongside trading in my old iphone 8 which was sent to Brightstar who agreed the value was £132.00.

Fast forward to today and i still have not received my value or cashback into my account, both Virgin and Brightstar blaming each other. I dont care who has ownership just wish my payments.

When asked if i could have my old phone back, Brightstar stated he had been "recycled", this is before i had a chance to challenge or receive the value.

I am considering what action i can now take.....anyone else had the same or similar issues. 30 year loyal customer now considering options.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team Manager
Forum Team Manager
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Trade in and cashback

Hi there @Salt25

Welcome to our Community and thanks so much for your first post - I am sorry to understand that you've had some issues with the trade-in of your old handset. Usually all Trad-In's are dealt with via the 3rd party Brightstar; I can only apologise that they have not been able to advise or assist you with your missing trade value. 

I have located your account from your forum information and I can see that you have since contacted us directly since your post - if you do still require any assistance, please feel free to pop back and let us know. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Salt25
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Trade in and cashback

thanks however i still await payment with both sides blaming each other, this is not resolved even after calling Virgin at least 3 times per week and also emailing Brightstar since late November 2020, any assistance to resolve and get my £232 owed to me is appreciated.

0 Kudos