cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trade Up offers

MrGrb79
Joining in

Recently got an offer to trade up from an Apple 11 to an Apple 13 and was offered £181 for the older device. Got an email today saying they have reviewed their offer after receiving the device, now the offer is £36 due to a "display problem". What is a "display problem" there is no further explanation or photos given. Wish I had read all the reviews about trading up first. The phone I sent them was in perfect order, no "display problems", chips debts or anything else. As per VM advice, the phone was wrapped in bubble wrap (twice) then put into the totally inadequate package they sent to put it in. It was also sent special delivery again as per VM advice, at my expense. With so many reporting the same issues with so called "display problems" is it not time VM should be stepping in and investigating this partner they work with? If people are getting their phones returned and selling them on at other buyers shops with no reported faults, to me it looks like the partner company is not as honest as they should be.

My tv, broadband and phone contracts are up next month and I'll be looking elsewhere if this is how they treat existing customers. I am also looking for a new mobile deal but it won't be from VM.

1 REPLY 1

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @MrGrb79

Thank you so much for your post and welcome back to the community forums! 

I'm so sorry to hear that you have faced this issue with your trade up! 

I'd be happy to take a closer look into this with you and see what we can arrange, I'll pop a PM over now so we can do so. 

Please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen alerting you to a new message. 

Thank you.