Menu
a_ukboy
Dialled in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Three to Virgin

Just taken the V.VIP bundle which come with Virgin Mobile unlimited sim, already got my pac code, my question is am I gonna regret moving? The only thing I see in here regarding VMobile is negativity 😳 

Please someone tell me they’re happy with VMobile? 

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Three to Virgin

Well you are going to lose Wifi Calling. Voice over 4G , call forwarding and a host of smaller things.

Although 3 only do 3G roaming (although it is changing slowly) You can roam in more places and it simply works out of the box rather than the faffing about Virgin make you go through, and then it may not work (see posts on here)

3's call centres are poor, but Virgin are poor on steroids.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
a_ukboy
Dialled in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I’m regretting it already 😳 lol

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

My main personal line is 3 and my secondary line is Plusnet. (Dual SIM phone). Data on the EE network can be better in places than 3 so should be the same on Virgin. I can switch between them at the press of a button and choose the best.

Signal in my house is poor on all networks despite what the various maps say, so the Wifi Calling is a must for me and has served me well.

It's horses for courses. Virgin offer a good basic package for calls and data and if that is all you need then it's fine.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
toasty772
Dialled in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Lots of ongoing - and long term - issues on Virgin with data notifications (Whatsapp, email etc.) lots of forum threads on the subject.

0 Kudos
a_ukboy
Dialled in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Sim arrived early this morning, and I must say so far I’m impressed, I’m able to use 4G data at home, decent speeds too.. 

Been for a little drive about and all seems good, no problems I can see, WhatsApp and email messages coming through like normally do!

I've just text my porting details across 😜

Defiantly better coverage around my home area then Three, so far so good..  

0 Kudos
teabag
Superstar
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@a_ukboy wrote:

Sim arrived early this morning, and I must say so far I’m impressed, I’m able to use 4G data at home, decent speeds too.. 

Been for a little drive about and all seems good, no problems I can see, WhatsApp and email messages coming through like normally do!

I've just text my porting details across 😜

Defiantly better coverage around my home area then Three, so far so good..  

Looking good for you 😀

I think the better coverage will make make up for the loss of WiFi calling.

The WhatApp ect notifications that seem to affect some, seems to depend on how much you use the phone, ie: not let it go to sleep for hours.   My phone has two sim's in it and is used often, so maybe that's why I do not seem to be affected/notice it.

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
a_ukboy
Dialled in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Well I’m superglued to my phone, so shouldn’t be a problem! But I’ll update the progress 

0 Kudos