cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The errors started as "All calls are barred to this number" now it is "Cannot connect to mobile network"

CWScot
Joining in

Last week I was supposed to be being moved from Virgin Mobile to O2. As from Wednesday 22nd November whichever number I tried to phone I was told "All calls are barred to this number". I reported the errors on Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday.

On Wednesday I was told to that the error was because I had requested that my Virgin Mobile contract end and that nothing could be done to get my mobile working again and that I had also now lost my 25+ year old mobile number. I did not request this!

On Thurday I was told that the error was due to an error by Virgin and was told that I would get a phone call from
some time on Thursday on my landline from Virgin instructing me as to how the phone and my 25+ year old mobile number would be restored. No phone call was recieved.

Friday, same as Thursday.

On Saturday the error message changed to "Cannot connect to mobile network". Again I was told that the error was due to an error by Virgin and that a different mobile number had been mistakenly assigned to my phone. The Helpline person apologised for the mistake and told me that he would put in a priority request to have my usual mobile number assigned to my phone, and that the phone should be working again at some point on Monday 27th November.

Monday has nearly come and gone and my mobile phone is still not working. I waited nearly 45 minutes on hold tonight before being told that the Helpline was now closed and that I should phone back tomorrow.

In summary, the online help is not helpful, the telephone human-to-human interaction sounds hopeful but has so far been unhelpful and all I want is my mobile to work and keep my 25+ year old mobile number assigned to it.

Is there anything else I should be trying?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey CwScot, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome to the community I am so sorry to hear about this.

Let me send you a PM so we can take a look at what has happened and to get you an update.

Please look out for my PM. Cheers 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Glad we have managed to get this resolved for you 🙂 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?