cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The dreaded Parental Controls locked on issue

user0817
Joining in

As with many others I have seen in here I have no way to unlock or disable Parental Controls. I am an adult and was an adult when I signed up for the account but I get the message:

'This action cannot be carried out as the Financial Account has a soft lock active'

I never needed, wanted or asked for this and I can't even do something as simple as checking my lotto account when I get an email telling me I've won something when travelling for work.

Shambolic...

3 REPLIES 3

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello user0817

We're sorry to hear of the problems regarding the content control, wanting to change this and message received for your mobile services, we appreciate the frustration this is causing and you raising this via the forums. Welcome to the community.

The 'soft lock' has been applied to accounts in preparation for the migration to an O2 tariff, at this time we're awaiting an update as to what we can do in instances such as this as the migration date can be some weeks away when the lock is applied.

Rob

newfutile
Tuning in

i have a soft lock and i cant enable roaming , i never asked for any of this, neither has anyone  at virgin told me about this?

Hi newfutile,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, really sorry to hear you are unable to add Roaming due to a soft lock, are you still in the UK at the moment or have you already left?

Regards

Paul.