Menu
Jim77
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Texts on Wifi calling delayed or missing

I have an iphone 6s and joined Wifi calling a few months ago.  Why, because mobile reception in my area is virtually non existent. WiFi. While great overall, it is a disaster when it comes to texts. Texts take hours to arrive if at all.  For example, yesterday at about 1:00pm I was advised by contact and trace to immediately have a Covid test.  I went to website and by 2:00pm made an appointment for 3:00pm. The website informed that the appointment would be confirmed immediately by text and email. The email arrived in seconds. The text didn't arrive until 23:49! That is really not acceptable that a text takes nearly 10 hours to turn up.  It is happening with increasing frequency.  In this case I was lucky, they used email as well.  How do I know, if I go onto a website, be it Amazon or HMRC, the verifying text code they sent can take hours if not days to arise. Of course, the code is then useless as it has expired.   In short, WiFI calling text is a problem and how is this to be corrected, by me or yourselves.  Thank you. 

0 Kudos
Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Texts on Wifi calling delayed or missing

Hi Jim77, 

I'm really sorry to hear that you're having an issue with WiFi calling, this isn't good. 

WiFi calling should support text messages the same as it supports calls and is dependent on the phone and SIM being compatible. 

Please have a look here for further information to see if this helps

Thanks

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
ps2mint
Dialled in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I’m just interested in this thread as we are also having delayed texts for verification which is annoying. We have BT as an internet provider and use their router. We have recently been away and used a different router and the texts via WiFi calling seemed to work ok.

I’ve being trying to narrow things down and think that this may be part of the issue people are facing.

0 Kudos
Jim77
Tuning in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Emma, Tried everything, including sending Virgin a quick text at 14:17, Still no texts. Probably show up hours from now. Voice WiFi Calling seems fine, just texts seem to filtered into a traffic jam going nowhere. The WiFi Calling text service just gets worse and worse. Help!
0 Kudos
Jim77
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Sorry you are having the same problem. Tried everything I can think of and replied to Emma. Terrible as we have little to no mobile cover here and now texts are disappearing.
0 Kudos
Jim77
Tuning in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

hello Emma, A thought! The phone seems to do everything else fine even Voice Wifi calling. Everything here has been checked to see the software is up to date and everything freshed up (total shut down and turning off Wifi calling and rebooting. Could it not be a SIM card problem?
0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jim77,

Sorry for the late reply, 

Can you confirm if this is still an issue for you?

If so I can pop you over a private message to look into this further 🙂

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
Jim77
Tuning in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hello Alex,

Thank you for your response.  Yes, it remains an issue.  Look forward to your advice and help.

Thank you

Jim

0 Kudos
Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Jim77

Just a though due to the age of your response. 

Has the new SIM card helped at all?

If not can you confirm the software version of the iPhone for me and where it was purchased?

Are you able to try the SIM in another phone and see if things are any better?

Thanks.

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos