Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Texts going too old phone?

Hello, I recently moved from Vodafone to Virgin Mobile earlier this year, new phone is amazing and sim works with nearly all my texts, but some of my received text messages are going to my old phone still.

I transferred my number over to Virgin Mobile and had no issues apart from this, but it is only some texts that are not receiving and cannot figure out why, the ones that show on my old phone Galaxy S7 are never shown on my Huawei P40 Pro, can't miss these texts as they are already causing problems between me and my friend, any help please?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Texts going too old phone?

are they text messages? If you have no active sim card you can't be getting txt messages.
Are they being delivered though something online like Facebook messenger or WhatsApp

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

My Huawei is using messenger application, receive texts from other people to that no problem at all, on the S7 it is using text messaging, but like you said should be deactivated, I have deleted all contacts from it now and will see what happens, only happens to this one text contact for some reason, i'm baffled.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Trouble shooter
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Malk11,

You could try deleting that persons contact number on your Huawei phone, reboot and then add them again as a new contact.  That worked with one of my friends who was on Vodafone.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, will try that too, the contact has not messaged me as yet so not sure where the message will end up.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

My contact messaged me this morning and even though I have deleted all contacts she still managed to send a text to my old phone, i'm baffled, so I am having to carry 2 phones around with me, also considering I have no contract anymore on this old phone sim, how am I able to send a text also, might reset the whole phone back to factory settings, see what happens.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

i'd say you are using a non standard app that is uses wifi

Turn off wifi and i bet it stops

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Hero
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Still have old SIM in S7, if so, is it saying you are connected to the Vodafone network still?, If it is and did not deactivate, it sounds like your stuck with a split port which Virgin need to sort out.

If old SIM is deactivated, it is as @apcyberax say's - they are not true texts and are being sent by some app over WiFi.

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only. Customer since 1993.
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Have reset old phone back to factory settings, and the next message made it to my new phone this time, so maybe your both right and it was using wifi to send messages ect. never thought it would do that if a sim was deactivated, which it was, the old phone had emergency calls only activated, so fingers crossed it has been sorted, thanks for the advice 🙂

Highlighted
Hero
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Makes me wonder if RCS Chat service was still running on the S7 for the Messaging App?

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos