Menu
Emma_B_90
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Texts and calls not working after porting

Hi,

I switched over from EE to virgin media on 23rd July and ported my number. I received a text to confirm that my switch had been completed. However, since then I have been unable to receive phone calls or text messages.

For a while when people called me it would go straight through to my old EE voicemail, but recently it has changed and now says it has not been possible to connect your call.

I cannot receive text messages and there seems to be a problem as when I look at the messages settings, it errors when trying to activate iMessage and only shows the temporary number and not my ported number.

I have tried calling customer service but everytime I am getting a different answers one will tell me it will be ready in 2 hours, others say they need to raise a ticket, and will be fixed in 3-5 days, but the next person says the ticket was not raised. I have been hung up on 2 times now and starting to get very frustrated as I am being given the run around.

I am using an iPhone XR.

Please could someone provide some support.

Thanks,

Emma

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Texts and calls not working after porting

Hi Emma_B_90,

Welcome to our forums and thank you for reaching out with your concerns. I'm really sorry that you've had difficulties with the completion of your number port.

We can certainly take a further look at this for you, although we'll need to clear security to do so. I'll send you a private message now, please head to the purple envelope in the top right corner to respond.

Thanks,

Melissa

0 Kudos