Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Texting

My phone will only send text messages to certain numbers and not others.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Texting

Hi Mumoftheyear, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forums. 

I'm sorry to hear you're faced with this issue, let's get the ball rolling and see if we can resolve this. Firstly, it would be great if you could let me know if this is still an issue? Moving on from that if It's not the case, can you expand a little more as to what is going on? The numbers yo are trying to message, are these select few, same network etc? What happens or what error do you get when they don't send? 

Cheers. 

Ryan_N - Forum Team
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi

I have now discovered that the numbers I can’t text are to those people who have not sent me a text

since putting the new sim in my phone, as soon as they send me a text I can then text them with no issue,

when I try sending a text to someone who has not sent me a text it does not go beyond the ‘sending’ message,

I eventually get a text saying it has failed to send.

so I am just trying to get round to everyone asking them to send me a text message.

Thanks

Jo

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

That is really odd, I have to admit. When these people have messaged you and you're able to message back, was this by replying to their text or by composing a new one? 

Can I confirm also, the number you have currently, have you ever ported that number into our network from a different provider at any time? 

Cheers. 

Ryan_N - Forum Team
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Is it an iPhone?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

No it is an Android.

Have since found that if they text me I can then text them.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

HI Mumoftheyear, thanks for the reply, how are the numbers saved in the phone is this 07 or +44, does changing the way they are saved help at all? Do they have any issues when texting or just you. Is there a particular network which you cannot text?  Chris 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I've got to think this is a software issue rather than a  network one.

Do you know which messaging app you use?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Well-informed
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I had this problem using an android phone on O2 a few years ago. I could call people but not send texts to them unless they had texted me, and even then not always. If we used What'sapp it worked ok.

Tested (in a pub sat next to each other, so we could drown our sorrows if it didn't work) by removing her contact details and then re-adding that number and everything then worked for that contact, so did the same with all contacts.

Time consuming but it worked for me.

I can't remember whether they were saved to my phone or sim though.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mumoftheyear, can you try the sim in another phone to see if you are getting the same issue and ensure that all software updates are all up to day, please let us know how it goes ^Chris 

0 Kudos