cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Texting Belgium

JPB66
Joining in

I transferred to Virgin recently. Had an issue with my saved numbers - randomly adding the Belgium prefix. Dial assist switched off (toggled on/off to make sure). Language & region changed to US & back (didnt work). Changed to Belgium & back to Uk & it seemed to sort the problem. Yesterday it did it AGAIN. How do I stop this happening permanently? Rang Virgin but they seem completely unaware of the issue and blamed my handset (iPhone X which has never been to Belgium)

is swapping to another network the only solution?? An Apple technician has checked all my settings & all fine!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Probably they don't know about it as it's only been happening for the past 5 years 

I assume you have an iPhone then 

Settings -> mobile data -> SIM Applications (near bottom) -> tap "Roaming"  -> tap "Select Mode"

I found "automatic" is selected by default.

Tap manual -> then choose National 

You may have to restart the phone

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Probably they don't know about it as it's only been happening for the past 5 years 

I assume you have an iPhone then 

Settings -> mobile data -> SIM Applications (near bottom) -> tap "Roaming"  -> tap "Select Mode"

I found "automatic" is selected by default.

Tap manual -> then choose National 

You may have to restart the phone

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks, I’ll give it a whirl !