cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text messaging

Jayben60
Tuning in
  • I can't donate to charity using text message. The message sends ok but i don't get any confirmation from the charity meaning it has not gone through. Any ideas ?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Is your spending cap set to either zero or fairly low. If it is then these text messages may not work.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Jayben60

Welcome to our Community Help Forum 🙂 Thank you for making this post regarding donating to charity via text message, I'm sorry to hear that you have not received confirmation from the charity. Have you been experiencing issues with sending any other texts or receiving text replies apart from this charity number?

Have you checked your bank transactions to see if the donation was taken from your account?

Kind regards,

Serena

Jayben60
Tuning in

Hi Serena, i have no problems with text messaging other than trying to donate to charity via text.

This has happened on 2 occasions both different charities and numbers.

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Is your spending cap set to either zero or fairly low. If it is then these text messages may not work.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Jayben60
Tuning in

Thanks for that advice i will check it out 👍

Jayben60
Tuning in

Spending cap was set low. Problem solved thanks again for your help, much appreciated 👍

Hi Jayben60, 

Thanks for coming back and updating the thread. I'm glad to hear that enlli was able to suggest something that worked. 

Raising the spend cap will allow you to complete the donations however it is worth noting that it can put you at risk of other charges if you happen to go over your data allowance or make calls not included in your plan. 

Keep an eye on your usage by logging in to your online mobile account here

If you have any concerns or need any further help, you know where we are 🙂

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Jayben60
Tuning in

Thanks for the advice Kath, i'm aware of those possibilities and am keeping an eye on things.

Thanks again.