cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text messages not working

markyb555
Tuning in

Hi, 

Wondering if anyone had any thought on my issue. I don't own the phone contract (work phone) so I can't ring up without my boss being there. 

I've not realised as I don't send texts very often anymore but I can send or receive them since Aug 25th. Looking back I had updated the messaging app, which I have uninstalled and reinstalled with no luck.

I've looked at all the APN data for both WEB and MMS which look ok and not changed. I have reverted back to default settings on the APN which wiped them and ive reentered them again without success. 

Mobile internet isn't affected at all just the ability to send and receive texts. 

I saw I can ask for the config files to be sent but that needs me to text 789922 which I can't do! 

I've tried *#*#4636#*#* and input the right message centre (older red SIM) but again no success. 

Bar a full factory reset (which I don't think would solve the issue) does anyone else have any advice?

Cheers

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for coming back to us @markyb555, we may need to try a new sim card for your Virgin Mobile account. 

We can do this for a third party to the account, however this requires data protection to be passed (with limited data protection options available to us).

I would also highlight that we can only send a sim card to the address on the account, so if this is a former address, or work address, the new sim would go there.

With this in mind, it might be wise for your boss to call our team on 0345 600 0789 or 789, to see if this is something they can do for you.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

10 REPLIES 10

Kain_W
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there markyb555,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community.

Apologies for any issues faced, just to touch on this, are you unable to send texts to all numbers?

Also is it just one SIM that you have with ourselves?

Let us know,

Kain

Hi Kain,

Yes, I've tried sending to my wife's phone and she received nothing. I also haven't seen the text used on the my virgin app change either. Messages app is saying it's been sent but nothing on her side.

Yes just 1 SIM. This phone doesn't have a dual SIM feature

Thanks

It seems I can receive texts but not send them. Tried it using my personal phone which worked ok. Although my wife has tried a few times without success. 

Ahh okay,

Thanks for getting back to us. 

Just to tick a few boxes, what make is the handset that's having the issue? Also does your personal SIM work at all within that handset?

Thanks again, 

Kain

Hi Kain,

Sorry it's taken a while to reply, alot going on here.

Swapping the Sims transfers the issue from one phone to the other. IE I can send and receive on phone I was having problems on with my personal SIM installed, and with my personal phone having the virgin SIM installed i can receive but not send text messages. 

Virgin handset is a Motorola G5+ (Sorry I could be sure I put that in the original message but I think predictive text corrected it!) my personal is a Google pixel without any issues.

Thanks for coming back to us @markyb555, we may need to try a new sim card for your Virgin Mobile account. 

We can do this for a third party to the account, however this requires data protection to be passed (with limited data protection options available to us).

I would also highlight that we can only send a sim card to the address on the account, so if this is a former address, or work address, the new sim would go there.

With this in mind, it might be wise for your boss to call our team on 0345 600 0789 or 789, to see if this is something they can do for you.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Hi David,

I've asked my boss to order a new SIM and we will try that approach. I'll update when received 👍

Thanks for all the help so far everyone

You're most welcome markyb555,

Please keep us posed with how you get on. We will pass your thanks on to David for you.

All the best Jodi. 

Quick update after sending for a new SIM and not realising that we only had a certain time frame to register it! We reordered and it seems to have done the trick for now.

Thanks