cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text messages not working

bensteadd
Tuning in

Ported my number over from Vodafone to Virgin Mobile and since my number was successfully ported over no text messages are working as intended.

Outgoing messages are received from the temporary phone number I was provided whilst my number was transferred. Responding to this temporary number doesn't send anything and any text messages sent to my original phone number don't go through either.

Outgoing and incoming phone calls work fine, but for some reason my text messages just don't work at all.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Kath,

Of course. Under the "chat features" setting in the Messages app (the Google version, not the Samsung version), make sure to disable the "Enable chat features" setting. That's what fixed it for me.

Thanks again, 

Dan

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @bensteadd

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

When was the port due to be completed? Has 24 hours passed since the port time?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

The port was completed last week, I believe on the 16th of November. I have updated my phone's software since, I don't know if that might be why

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Can you send texts on another device when using the same SIM?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

Hi Travis_M

So, I swapped my SIM over with someone else in the household and called and texted between the two devices perfectly fine as I would expect, but as soon as I put my SIM back into my current device the same issues come back as well.

The number that shows up whenever I text someone else shows up as the temporary number I was provided whilst my number was supposedly transferred from Vodafone to Virgin Mobile. However, incoming and outgoing phone calls work on the number that I submitted the PAC code for.

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Benstead, 

Thank you for your reply, I am so sorry it is not working. Can you confirm you are using a Virgin Mobile handset purchased from us?

Zoie

Hi Zoie_P,

Yep, my device I was having troubles with is indeed one purchased from Virgin.

Turns out the issue was due to a setting I had enabled in the messages app, it doesn't seem to be a problem with the SIM or a serious device problem.

Appreciate all the help,

Dan

Hi Dan, 

Thanks for coming back to u and taking the time to update the thread. 

We're glad to hear things are resolved for you now. Just in case there is anyone reading this thread that has the same issue as you, can you let us know which setting it was that needed to be changed? This will help other community users check things then before needing to post 🙂 

If you have any further issues, don't hesitate to get back in touch. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Hi Kath,

Of course. Under the "chat features" setting in the Messages app (the Google version, not the Samsung version), make sure to disable the "Enable chat features" setting. That's what fixed it for me.

Thanks again, 

Dan

Hi Dan, 

Thanks for letting us know 🙂 We really appreciate it. 

Take care and enjoy the rest of your day. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team