Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Terrible speeds and connectivity since using the new purple sim

Im really disappointed in Virgin and have been a virginmobile customer for a few years since Three become a terrible network. The service was always very decent and reliable with good speeds even indoors.

Since being FORCED to use a new sim by Virgin when the previous red one was fine, the speeds have been very bad and all over the place and completely unstable and unreliable.

previously i got speeds of well over 25mbps down and 9 mbps up.

On the new sim it varies from less than 1mbps then shouts up to 10 and then down to 1 up to 5 etc.

Also there seems to be an over 18 bar on websites which is a farce seeing as the bill has been paid via credit card and the adult block should be turned off by defualt when this is the case. Having to use VPNs is ridiculous .

Virgin need to sort themselves out starting with a rapidly going downhill 4g network especially when im now paying 60 percent more than i paid 2 years ago for an identical contract with a far worse product.

Im disgusted by Virgin forcing me on to a sim that has completely destroyed the service i had before. Im on an unlimited contract and theyve cancelled my contract twice in two years saying no longer available and theyve stuck the price up 30 percent each time and put me on an IDENTICAL contract.

This new sim card no sees me paying large amounts per month for a service that is absolutely useless and unreliable in DA14 postcode area. The last three days has been a disgrace. I feel like smashing my phone, laptop and TV its that bad and infuriating. Let me go back to the red sim and sort your network out or ill cancel direct debit and you can take me to court.

There is no current service updates anywhere, you cant sort issues over twitter DM. Virgin make no announcements about service issues or work being carried out.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Terrible speeds and connectivity since using the new purple sim

Well what a fabulous site this is, just as good as Virgins service.

I suppose the only option now is to cancel the direct debit and go elsewhere as today again im getting less than 1mbps, a ping of over 1000 and huge jitter numbers,.

Absolute crap.

If you get forced to use one of the new sims, do not use it just keep on the red ones till you find another network to go to. Its obviously some throttling or poor network switch and all this at 60% more expensive than 2 years ago,

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Don't cancel the direct debit, they will still try to take it and it will destroy your credit rating 😞

I know how you feel... I'm only a few weeks in to my contract and it's been nothing but trouble. Tried to leave several times within the first month and was hung up on repeatedly.

The forum team seem to be quite on the ball on here though, hopefully they can help you.

If you’re still getting nowhere, ask Virgin to raise a complaint for you, then ask for a letter of deadlock.
Once you’ve got this, you can take it to to the Ofcom approved Dispute Resolution service (CEDR) who will decide on the action Virgin needs to take.

Don’t forget to let Ofcom know about the trouble you’ve had by reporting them here:
https://ofcomforms.secure.force.com/formentry/SitesFormCCTMonitoring

Good luck!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi 4kVideographer,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm sorry you're not getting the speeds you'd expect from us, I can appreciate this would be frustrating. 

When you say you're getting slow speeds, is this happening in one location or everywhere that you go? Does it make a difference if you're indoors or outdoors?

I'm sorry but you wouldn't be able to go back to our old SIM card, as all customers are being moved on to our new ones. 

In regards to the adult content block, you can remove this yourself on your online account. Log in and go to plan and devices, then click on manage services. This will ask you to confirm some details and have it removed. 

Thanks

Melissa 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Mellissa

You FORCED me to a new sim card and the network is unstable, its almost always under 1mpbs then shoots up to 10 down to 5 and down to 1.

I never had any issues before with the old sim card.

Its all day every day and i have no idea if its everywhere as im in lockdown what i can tell you is since youve FORCED me to anew sim card the service is unusable , abysmal and a disgrace.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

You have no service page for mobile all it does it leads you to a coverage map that lies.

Apparently i have the strongest service indoors and out lol. Since your new sim card i get two bars maximum and i get dial up speeds under 1 mbps, Remember all this since YOU FORCED ME TO USE A NEW SIM. it was fine before this

Your customer service is utterly abysmal i was on hold for over an our then i was on live chat for an hour with no reply.

I am on the verge of smashing up all my devices because of Virgin.

I hold you all in contempt for your service and the way you force people onto a network that isnt fit for purpose, you destroy peoples service, you put the contract up 60% and then you make it impossible to talk to customer service.

ITS DISGUSTING and i urge anyone suffering the same to leave and i urge all peopleto avoid Virgin mobile

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for getting back to me. 

I am sorry you feel that way, but we'll always do our best to help you get this resolved. 

I'd like to take some of your details to get a closer look, so I'll pop you a private message now.

Thank you,

Melissa 

0 Kudos