Menu
ashleybidad
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Terrible experience with Virgin Mobile- need help!

Unbelievably frustrated....

I signed up for two Samsung A41's for my wife and I which came with Samsung 32 inch Tv's.  First I was phoned to say my credit score wasn't good enough due to only just moving back to the UK.  I was told if I put the Direct Debit in a family members name it would be a solution, so I handed the phone to my son who obliged.  We signed up, he signed two credit agreements and we received order confirmations confirming the A41's and the tvs.

We received the phones on monday, but no sign of, or mention of the tv's at all.  What's really frustrating is it is IMPOSSIBLE to speak to anyone about it.  Calling the customer service number just results in a rabbit hole of options ending in an instruction to text them.  Texting them results in no reply at all, same issue when using the live chat option- there's no one there.  I've looked into going into a store but they're all closed near me.  When I press the option to speak to them about starting a new contract surprise surprise they do answer, but I've gone through it 4 times now where they'll start to look into it, I'll be put on hold for 15 minutes and then a new person will answer the phone as if it's the first time I've called.

If I can't get this resolved I'm going to cancel the direct debit and return the phones- although that would mean I'd have to speak to someone to set this up which would be similarly impossible so I feel like I've been sold something that's not being provided and I'm a prisoner to go along with it.  Disgraceful.

My broadband and home phone is with Virgin Media and so is my sons- if I can't resolve this I will be cancelling all services.

0 Kudos
Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Terrible experience with Virgin Mobile- need help!

Hi ashleybidad,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about the missing Tv. Just to let you know your TV will be dispatched 2 weeks from the date you receive your handset.

Can you confirm the date the received the handsets?

^Martin

0 Kudos
ashleybidad
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to me Martin.

I've since had further issues- both phones stopped working for calls.  I managed to get hold of someone who helped to resolve, but took about an hour on the phone.  The mix up between the two orders meant they had blocked the contracts because they had input the sort code from the first direct debit attempt.

Long story short, they sorted it and also advised us delivery of TV's around 15 days also.  We received handsets Monday 5th, so not a problem for us to wait.  Was more frustrating that we couldn't speak to anyone about setting up the new deal, unblocking the contract, or the TV delivery.

all sorted though 🙂

0 Kudos
Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I'm pleased to hear your issues are in the process of being resolved ashleybidad.

Remember if you need assistance in the future, our fantastic community and forum staff are always willing to lend a hand.

Regards

Lee_R

0 Kudos
ashleybidad
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lee,

Saying that, still not received the Tv's and we ordered the phones on the 3rd.

Can you help please?

Thanks,

Ashley

0 Kudos
Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Ashley can you confirm the date as 3rd October or do you mean you ordered on 3rd September?

Regards

Lee

0 Kudos
ashleybidad
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos
Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for confirming Ashley

To look into this further, I am going to need to send you a private message.  Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee

0 Kudos