Menu
Belle007
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Tablet not recognising sim

Hi, I have a data only sim on my VMobile account for my mother's Samsung Galaxy Tab A6, around the new year 1/1/2021, her tablet screen suddenly came up with a circle with a diagonal line through it and stopped recognising her sim card, phoned VM and explained and asked for a new sim to be sent,  put it in and exactly the same issue.

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Tablet not recognising sim

Hi Belle007,

Thanks for posting on the Community Forums.

I'm sorry to hear that your Mother has been having some issues with her Galaxy tablet.

Does the device specify whether the circle with the line through it is directly related to an issue with the SIM/data? Are you able to click on the error symbol to see if it bring up more information?

Let us know,

Beth

Belle007
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Data only sim, just tried 2nd new sim in from VMob and message on tablet screen says please insert a sim card, but as i said sim card is inserted correctly,  gold chip side facing down,  angled corner in first, can someone tell me if there is an issue with VMob sim cards as the guy i asked for the sim advised he had activated it so I just needed to put it in tablet.

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Good morning @Belle007 

Thank you for coming back to us. 

Are you able to let us know, was the tablet purchased though us? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Belle007
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Beth, the message just says please insert sim, or sim not recognised.

Kind Regards 

Moira 

0 Kudos
Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Belle007, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this thread. I can see you are in a private conversation with my colleague Zak who is helping you with this. 

Please put any relevant information in to your message to him so we can keep all the information in one place. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Belle007
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

In conclusion for anyone else suffering (ha 1st world problems!) from the above issue,  we have decided it could be that the tablet sim card reader is not reading the sim anymore, unfortunately this tablet cannot be fitted with a new sim card reader as some newer models can so mother is getting broadband as tablet works fine from wifi and I've had enough, time to bite the bullet,  Thanks to everyone who replied especially Zak M.

0 Kudos