cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TP-Link M7200 no longer compatible with VM sim?

cjp1
Up to speed

A couple of weeks ago I suddenly couldn’t use the router to access the internet with any devices connected to it, I thought it might be a problem with the sim so spoke to VM who said they would send me a new SIM card which arrived within a couple of days but didn’t solve the problem.

From here I spoke to TP-Link as it appeared it could be a problem with the device so they eventually sent me a replacement which arrived today.

This still didn’t solve the problem so I went back to VM and after a lot of testing, and swapping sims around was told it appears because VM have now switched from Vodafone to O2 unfortunately the sim is no longer compatible with the device! 

So in summary sim worked perfectly in device on Vodafone but now doesn’t after network switch to O2.

Has anyone else had a similar problem develop in the last few weeks?

32 REPLIES 32

Hi Bigconna58, 

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

Currently we have no information on this however if there are any changes, we will be certain to let you know. 

Let us know if you have any further queries/questions. 

Many thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thanks for the info. I've now got my sim working and 3 bars on my sim router. Wonderful!

Hi Bigconna58, 

That's great news. We're glad to hear this. 

If you have any further issues, you know where we are. 

Take care,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs