Menu
lesallen45
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

TEXTING WITH PICTURES

Why is it that when I want to send a text with a photo it will not connect. Message is "connecting to Vigin" but then fails & tells me that it didn't go try again.

0 Kudos
Grecho1
Tuning in
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: TEXTING WITH PICTURES

Remember that Virgin charge for pictures and emojis, might be your account will not allow this charge if set to 0£. 

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Check your spending cap first. If it is set to £0 or use allowances only it won't go. 

Picture messages cost 50p each on Virgin, the reason many people use free alternatives.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

lesallen45
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

You are kidding that Virgin charge for imojo's & pictures. I always thought that you couldn't get blood out of a stone Virgin obviously is an exception...

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Quite a few networks charge for MMS I know 3 does as I have a SIM for back up.

EE used to charge 55p on contract, not sure if that's changed, but charges don't usually get removed these days.

If you send emojis on some phones they convert the SMS to MMS (What Virgin Call Picture Messaging)

Quite frankly MMS is ancient technology and is likely to go when Rich Text Messaging is universally adopted (Apple are making life difficult for that one) 

WhatsApp, Messenger seem to be the main methods of choice these days. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
teabag
Hero
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

There's only two networks I know of which include MMS in the allowances, that is Voxi and Smarty.

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
lesallen45
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thank you everyone for your contributions, I am getting on in years & cannot believe how this Country rips everbody off. I live overseas a great deal & do not pay for anything like this. thanks again..
0 Kudos
Kippies
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

MMS is chargeable in most countries.. Nowt to do with Virgin Mobile or "this country". Its GSM agreements.

0 Kudos
WallyWalnut
Joining in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I had a package that was given with a very cheap mobile package with broadband etc. I should have known 🙄 Another rip-off. They say its part of the agreements but its not. With Giff Gaff its 16p per picture not blooming 50p from Virgin and I think 55p each from EE. It is appalling. I was just trying to keep my budget under control and I get hit for an extra £6 this month and it is so frustrating. Why can’t big companies understand that they ACTUALLY LOSE? In the long term I sit here and think ‘right how can I screw you when you screw me’ 😂 Maybe Virgin moderators move this on to Virgin service and probably put it in the bin along with thousands moaning like me. Virgins guys please learn from Giff Gaff and First Direct regarding service and clear online apps etc. 

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

55p with 3 now. And as they themseves point out there are plenty of alternatives.

I use WhatsApp and occasionally RCS via Google messages.

0 Kudos