Menu
virgpleashelp12
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

TEXTING ISSUE

I put in new SIM and phone worked ok for a couple of weeks, but now it won't let me send text messages. Also it won't let me delete some texts either, saying "Unfinished". Please can anyone assist? Thank you.

0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: TEXTING ISSUE

Hi virgpleashelp12,

Thanks for posting, I'm sorry to hear you're having some issues with sending texts.

Can you confirm if there has been any change since your post on Monday?

Can you still receive texts?

Have you rebooted the phone and tried a manual network search?

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
virgpleashelp12
Joining in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Alex, yes can still receive texts. Is not smartphone, old handset so cant do manual network search. If phone runs out of charge, when turn back on lets me send text then, but not afterwards. 

0 Kudos
Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi virgpleashelp12

Thanks for getting back to us.  Do you know if it's possible to take your handset back to factory settings?  Or did you have to recently unlock it to enable the new SIM to work?

Regards

Lee

0 Kudos
virgpleashelp12
Joining in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lee

I wouldn't know how to take it back to factory settings, sorry. But yes i did have to recently unlock it to get the new SIM to work. I never had any issues with texting or deleting with the old SIM, and am unhappy that I have been forced to change the SIM which has caused me a lot of stress, and continues to do so, so anything you can do to solve this issue would be much appreciated. Thank you.

0 Kudos
Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

virgpleashelp12

Can you please advise me of the make and model of the handset?

Regards

Lee

0 Kudos
virgpleashelp12
Joining in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

It's a Virgin VM621i, although Alcatel appears on screen when you turn it on

0 Kudos
Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Is there an option to view your SMS settings?  Sorry, we do not appear to have a guide for that model.

Regards

Lee

0 Kudos
virgpleashelp12
Joining in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lee, I dont have it with me at the moment and wont for a few days. I texted the 07533016422 number from a different mobile in the hope that someone would phone me back and talk me through what to do with the problem mobile, but I had no response. When you call the Customer Service number it says you may have to wait 45 minutes to get answered. That would be a very costly call and dont see why i should have to pay for it. I understand that everywhere is short staffed due to the pandemic, but cant understand why Virgin chose to do this SIM change programme in the midst of the pandemic. I know I am not the only person who has had issues with their phone because of the new SIM, and not being able to speak to anyone.

0 Kudos
Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I am going to send you a private message virgpleashelp12.  Please look out for the purple envelope in top right of your screen.
Regards

Lee

0 Kudos