cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching to Iphone

alliejb
Tuning in

My husband and myself have a monthly contract with Virgin for a phone which ends in 3 months time. Also a monthly contract for our sim cards. We have just bought new Iphones and want to put our sims in the the new phones (we are paying off the contract on the old phones as not much left to pay) I think we need a QR code to do this, but not sure how we get this?  Thanks for any help

3 REPLIES 3

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Normally, you just take the SIM out of your old phone and place it in the new one. 

QR codes are needed if you are wanting eSIM's The bad news is Virgin are not doing them at the moment pending moving all their customers on to O2

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey alliejb,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post.

As enlli suggested that is what you would need to do, have you tried to swap the sim cards over?

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

Hi, thanks for the replies, managed to sort it now. Just struggling to switch everything over from Android to iphone.  Sure it is very easy for someone who knows what they are doing. Really wish these things still came with instruction manuals that talked you through how to do everything step by step.  Instead of looking everything up online!  Sure I will get there, hopefully before I throw the phone against the wall!