cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching to 4g

Matt37washy
On our wavelength

Hi

Got a text from Virgin 30th September saying that I would be getting switched to 4g for no extra cost from my refresh day in November.

well my refresh day is today and no sign of 4g.

has anyone else had this message and have you received the upgrade? Didn’t know whether I should have received a new sim or not. My phone is 4g compatible

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi bgglp, 

Thanks for your patience whilst I looked in to this for you. 

I have heard back from the team today and they have advised that for some reason, 8 of the billing cycles were missed so those who's tariffs refreshed at the beginning of the month won't actually see the change until January's refresh date. I have been assured that this will go ahead without any further issues. 

I understand we're asking you to wait again but for now there is nothing further we can do. 

Please let us know how the update goes after your next refresh. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

49 REPLIES 49

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @Matt37washy,

Welcome back! Thanks for posting.

I am sorry that your 4G has not appeared, please can you show me a screenshot of the message?

Look forward to your response.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi

5D05976A-89D5-4B01-8A23-5B55E0A0DF70.png

 as can see it’s the text from 30 September 

thanks

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for sharing this @Matt37washy.

What happens when you click the link that is on there for the 30th?

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Comes up with the ‘Crikey we can’t find that page’. My wife got the same text too. Initially thought might be a fake text but was from the same number that sends all our ‘we’ve refreshed your allowances’ texts

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for confirming this @Matt37washy.

I will send you a private message so I can investigate this further.

Please look out for a plum envelope at the top right of your screen 🙂

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

Hi

did you get my reply?

thanks

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @Matt37washy,

Thank you for talking to me in private, please do let me know how it goes when your wife gives us a call 🙂

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

Hi

We rang virgin mobile and I’m now considering getting some legal advice.

The advisor I spoke to said they can upgrade us but would mean entering into a 12 month contract.

As shown in the text message received that made no reference to having to enter into a contract at all, just said we would be getting upgraded which is misleading information.

just a heads up for any future people raising this with you but feel this is misleading customers.

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I can't believe Virgin still have 3G only contracts at a time when 3G is being phased out. To my knowledge the only network that has

It costs them nothing to move you. 

A PAC code is cheaper than a lawyer!

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks