cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching providers within cooling off period

Orbsforjorbs
Joining in

Hi,

I switched from Pay As You Go to a Pay Monthly Sim only contract with a 14 day cooling off period last week but would like to change network as I'm unsatisfied with the service.  I want to confirm that if I switch to another provider with a PAC instead of calling 789 the contract will be terminated within the 14 day cooling off period and no further charges applied. 

I could call 789 if needed but my impression is this isn't required (using the PAC will do it) but want to be sure to avoid further hassle.

Thanks for your time.

5 REPLIES 5

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @Orbsforjorbs,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on our forums.

If you leave using the PAC code before your 14 day cooling off period ends this will be take care of the cancellation as long as the transfer takes place before the cooling off period ends, this will let you leave you without paying any disconnection charges.

Regards,

Steven_L

Thanks.

Is there anything further we can assist with? 

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi,

I switched providers after the cooling off period due to a delay in my mail (most of our posties were out sick for a while with covid).  It's been a couple of days since porting my number to the new provider using a PAC.  However I have had no contact from Virgin.  Though the number is no longer registered on site the contract is still listed as ending in 11 months under billing, as is the direct debit.  I have not been charged a termination fee yet.  How long after changing providers does it take for this to kick in?

I was planning on giving it a day or two more before I cancel the direct debit from my end to avoid any unnecessary hassle.

Thanks.

Thanks for coming back to us @Orbsforjorbs.

I have been able to locate your account and can give you an update but first, I would need to pass account security with you to discuss this further.

Please look out for my private message.

Regards,

Steven_L