Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Switching mobile

We have two phones which we are switching to Virgin from O2. We were told that we needed to provide the PAC code and the phones would be switched. 

Neither phone has switched to Virgin. We cannot receive or make calls/texts for several days now. We cannot phone Virgin as we now have no phones. 

I specifically asked three times (to three different people) if we needed to switch to a Virgin Sim. We were told we didn’t by all customer advisors. 

Due to the phones not working, I have tried the Virgin SIM but it says that it will not work on our phones. 

Is there any way to contact Virgin via WiFi to resolve this issue? I am very frustrated. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Switching mobile

Are you saying you have O2 SIM cards in the phones? They can't be used on any other network.

Usually, people get their new Virgin SIM running on a temporary number and then give the PAC code to Virgin. The old number is then moved across and the original (in your case O2) SIM is switched off. 

There could be a number of reasons the Virgin SIM does not work.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for this. Your reply makes complete sense and is clearly logical. 

So, I cannot comprehend why, when I asked three separate customer advisors, they all told me that I didn’t need to swap SIM cards to a new SIM. 

We have two phones to be swapped over and only one Virgin SIM card! They knew this when they took the PAC code and set up the accounts!

Is there no way to put the new Virgin SIM card into the phone and get it to work?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I've asked a member of the team to look at this.

Not sure why the Virgin SIM won't work. It may be in the confusion it has not been activated.

Possible, but less likely,  the O2 phones are locked to work only on their SIM

Hopefully the team can sort if it needs activating and order you a second SIM

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your help.

I think that I am going to have to go to a Virgin shop to get this resolved as I have no other way of contacting Virgin. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Bad news. All Virgin Shops are closed for good so save yourself the trip.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rachel,

Thanks for reaching out to us in our community, have you set up an account with us already and been given new numbers by us ?

If you haven't you would need to speak to our sales team once you have our new sims you can then bring your number over to these contract by us using you PAC code.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos