Menu
Boxmoor123
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Switching mobile to VM

I'm trying to tr my daughter's mobile from Vodafone to VM. We have the new VM SIM and PAC code. However, when entering new VM tel number; number want switching and PAC code message says there is an error.  Have checked with Vodafone who confirm PAC correct and tel. number are correct. VM's website is of no help and in trying to speak with someone only option is to receive a link to same website. Tried to complain via website, reply received is "Okay, we’ve got your query. We will be with you as soon as possible. However, please be aware that replies from this service are not immediate, allowing you to get on with your day".  Very helpful!!  Can anyone give any guidance please?  Thank you

0 Kudos
Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Switching mobile to VM

Hi Boxmoor123, 

So sorry your daughter is having trouble bringing her number over, this isn't good. 

Very odd that the PAC isn't working, especially if Vodafone have confirmed all is okay, so we'll need to take a closer look at what's going on. 

I'll pop you a message now and we can take it from there 

Thanks.

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
Boxmoor123
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Emma. Apparently, although the PAC code expired on the day she tried to complete the transfer, VM require it to expire on at least date they complete the transfer. Whilst we now understand this, neither their website states this nor the error messages gave any indication of this. For a communication company their communication is poor. Furthermore, in trying to find out more info their website just takes you round in circles. Trying to speak with someone is equally difficult. Not happy.

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @Boxmoor123

I am sorry that you've had these issues - I can see that my colleague @Emma_C has popped you a Private Message asking for more information; if you still require assistance, please do reply back to her message and she'll be more than happy to help you further. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos