Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Switched to Virgin - WifiCalling not working

Hi all,

I've switched to virgin mobile after many years with another provider. Put my SIM in which I believe starts the PAC process and found out that Wifi Calling appears not to be working on my Iphone 11.

I need WifiCalling to work as reception is poor where I live.

I am within the 14 day cooling off period and need to leave the contract. The issue is with the PAC transfer having started.

How is the best way to sort this issue out?

Many thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Switched to Virgin - WifiCalling not working

I also live in a poor signal area , for all providers, and used to have a great EE WiFi  service. Although Virgin claim to provide WiFi calling with pay monthly subscribers that have a suitable phone, which I have (iPhone XS), I cannot yet get it to work!! I feel your pain.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Have you tried phoning up customer services? In some cases WiFi calling needs to be provisioned on the account. I’m hoping in my case that is the issue. Is your iPhone from Virgin or SIM only?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Have you changed the settings to enable wifi calling if its iphones the following steps will activate it

Settings

Phone

Wifi calling and enable

Once done you will get wifi call in the top let corner of your.phone when.connected to WIFI

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply. Done that multiple times but it isn’t working. Phoned up the call centre who were unable to activate it. My existing number moves over tomorrow from my previous network so they have suggested phoning back after that takes place. The system apparently should then allow it to be activate.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello ps2mint,

Sorry to hear about you WiFi Calling not working. I've had a look at your details and can see that you've spoken to an agent since you last posted. Please let us know if you're still experiencing issues so we can help.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos