cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switch to O2 failed

slagjanadej
Joining in

Automatic move from Virgin Mobile to O2 plan was supposed to happen today. I kept my phone charged and turned on, as instructed, but still got an sms saying:

"Sorry, we couldn't switch you over to an O2 plan. We'll try again next month and remind you a few days before. There's nothing you need to do for now, but on the day of the switch next month, please make sure your phone's turned on and fully charged. Thanks."

Can I get an explanation on why I now have to wait a month (to try again, I don't see why it would work then if it didn't now)? Can it not just be switched tomorrow? Or later today?

32 REPLIES 32

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @slagjanadej 

Thanks for posting on our community forum and sorry to hear about the issue with the switch.

The migration is an automatic process and due to the switch not happening today it should be processed via the next batch of migration as advised on text. Unfortunately on our end we do not have access to specifics as to why it hasn't been processed yet but we'll be sure to get you migrated over as soon as possible. My apologies for any inconvenience.

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

And all the time your account is Soft Locked so you can't make changes 😒

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

suechapman
Dialled in

I wonder if anyone has been successful in the migration first time round as my dad had the same message as you on his migration date 

Hi @suechapman thanks for posting and welcome back to our community.

Sorry to hear your dad's migration to O2 is not running smoothly. And sorry for any inconvenience this may be causing him.  Do you know if this issue is impacting his ability to use his handset? Or causing him to have no access to his services?

Regards

Lee_R

Hello

Although my dads migration didnt happen for some reason on 15th may even though his phone was on and full signal he then had text saying migration could not go through and that they would try again at a later date , he still has full signal on virgin mobile and has no problems using his mobile phone or his data package 

Thanks for getting back to us @suechapman and thanks for the confirmation.  I'm guessing your dad wasn't outside the UK when he received that message?

Regards

Lee

No my dad was in the UK on his migration date of the 15th may but he will be going to france at the end of may for 5 weeks 

Thanks @suechapman if you need us to take a look on his behalf, please do get back to us.

Regards

Lee

Nope. I have had this text message now for 4 months. Don't really want to swap to o2 as their coverage is really poor compared to who we are with just now. I left o2 in the first place to come to  Virgin Media, so I can really see myself cancelling my contract and moving to Vodafone or 3.