cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switch over from vm to o2

Sarahred
Joining in

Switchover  from vm to o2 today, got the texts saying welcome to o2 etc but my phone still displaying virgin and not o2 

21 REPLIES 21

Molly_T
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Sarahred 👋 welcome to community! Thank you for posting! 

You can find all the information you may need about the migration process 👉 Virgin Mobile’s Move to the O2 Network | Virgin Mobile (virginmedia.com)

Have you rebooted your handset since receiving the messages about the switch? 

All the best! 🌞

Molly

Yup I have still the same 

Thanks for getting back to us to let us know! 

Had you lost service on the old sim before inserting the new one? 

Are you having any signal service issues? (Are you able to make and receive calls and texts still?)

It may take 24 hours for the switch to complete and for you to see the change displayed. If you can please keep an eye on things and let us know if the issue persists tomorrow! 

All the best. 🌞

Molly

I didn't get a new sim card, I got the texts from o2 

Thank you for the extra info! As mentioned above it may be that the switch is still in progress and will complete within the 24 hour period, but we can also send you a PM to confirm a few account details in case we do need to offer further support. 

You can find the PM in the top right corner of the page in your Inbox. We can then return to this public thread with another update when possible. Thank you for your patience in the meantime!

All the best. 🌞

Molly

Shugmonkey
Tuning in

Hi. Getting the same. Said it would be swapped over the weekend. Kept the phone on throughout the night for 2 days. Nothing. Still says virgin.

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums @Shugmonkey, and a very warm welcome to you!

Can you please try switching the handset off and removing the sim card, before then replacing the sim card and rebooting the phone to see if this then automatically switches you over from Virgin Mobile to O2 on the handset?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Hi David,

Thank you for the reply. Did all that you suggested. Still says virgin sadly.

Thanks for coming back to me @Shugmonkey.

Are you able to manually alter the network on the handset?

If you're unsure on how to do this, please advise me of the make and model of the handset you're using.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn