Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Swapped to new SIM, PIN and PUK not working

I own an unlocked Galaxy S7 Edge and received a letter about needing to swap to a new SIM

The new SIM arrived yesterday and my old SIM expired today.  I put the new SIM in and was asked for the PIN code which I entered correctly several times until it locked.

I then looked up the PUK code which I have now entered about 5 times and that hasn't worked either.

Is there a way to fix this?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Swapped to new SIM, PIN and PUK not working

Hi Sean_1968, thanks for your post.

Sorry to hear you've encountered this problem with your handset & SIM replacement. 

Which pin/code is the handset asking for specifically at this stage. If it's a PUK that can be retrieved via your online account (virg.in/youracc) - or is that where you have already checked? 

Tom

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

It's now asking for the PUK which I've got and entered several times but it keeps saying unsuccessful. I was in contact with VM personnel on Friday to get it sorted and the conclusion they came to was that my phone is locked to the EE network so I need a network unlock code for the phone which I'm waiting for them to get back to me on.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the update. I wouldn't rule that out as our old SIM's were EE-provisioned.

So hopefully the unlock code will resolve this,if not please let us know and we'll see what else we're able to do.

Tom

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Tom.

I'm going to chase it up in a bit as it's been two days and the operator said to give it a day. Hopefully this will fix it as I dont want to give up thus phone for practical and financial reasons 😕

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Well, I'm no further forward despite chasing it up on Monday. I wasn't given a reference first time around so had to go through everything again. The staff member then said they would send me a new SIM. I asked how that would work if my phone was locked out of your network. The staff member told me VM couldn't supply me with an unlock code for a phone I didn't purchase from you so I said that wasn't what I was told previously. The staff member apologised and put in another request for an unlock code telling me it would take up to 24 hours. That was on Monday and I'm still waiting.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

HI Sean_1968, thanks for messaging us, we are sorry to hear that the code has not been received, this will usually be sent to your email within 3-5 working days ^Chris 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Chris.

I guess I can wait 3-5 days but it would have been helpful if they'd said that from the start but they said I would get a call back within 24 hours both times.

I guess both colleagues were reading from the wrong script 😞
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Please let us know how it goes and hopefully we can get this resolved. - Chris 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Well, it's now 9 days since the second request for a phone unlock code was sent in and I still haven't heard anything. I've basically got a phone that isn't a phone and, when I'm not at home, without Wi-Fi, it's just a camera.

This is so frustrating!

0 Kudos