Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Support for eSIM

Hi,

Was wondering if there has been any progress on Virgin Mobile's support for eSIMs? I'm thinking of getting a new iPhone 11 on contract with VM, but would want my VM number to be provided by an eSIM so that I could add a 'work' O2 SIM (or potentially a US travel SIM tempoarily) in the physical slot.

Does anybody know if VM are supporting and supplying eSIMs yet, and if so, whether an iPhone 11 on contract from VM would allow use of an O2 SIM in parallel (i.e. not be locked to VM's network)?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Support for eSIM

Hello

Currently there is no e-sims available with Virgin Media.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

No move on Virgin and I suspect things might not change till they move to Vodafone at the end of 2021.

Not sure about the iPhone question as I thought it was one or the other as it's technically not dual SIM 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Hero
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

There doesn't seem to be much progress in esim's anywhere in the world,  https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT209096

Even Vodafone (one of the big 4) are not there yet in the UK, their esim only supports Apple Watches 3, 4 and 5 - no phone support yet.

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only. Customer since 1993.