Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Super Hub 3 Issues

This morning I was looking at how to improve WiFi performance. One thing I saw mentioned having your router in open space I.e. not behind your TV. Seems like common sense but always tried to hide it as not very aesthetically pleasing. So I moved it onto a little table, about 3 feet from where it was previously, so haven’t drastically changed much just moved it from behind the TV.

Now I seem to have lost internet connectivity completely. WiFi and Ethernet. The hub status bar is flashing green and the WiFi sign is solid green. Their website suggests a loose connection is the cause of this so it would make sense that I may have knocked something whilst moving. Yet I’ve checked all connections and everything seems fine. Rebooted about 5 times and still no luck.

Has anyone had a similar issue? Is it something I can solve on my own or would they send an engineer? Usually have very few issues with their internet apart from WiFi not being great upstairs hence why I was looking to improve it this morning. I feel like I’ve exhausted the solutions I have found online. Will need it back up tomorrow as working from home.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Super Hub 3 Issues

Not much more you can do.  It may or may not have been you knocking something, but that's not relevant - VM have to maintain the connection to the hub and the hub itself.  As one last ditch try (if you haven't already) actually disconnect the VM cable at the wall point and the hub, then reconnect and finger tighten.  That MIGHT work, if it does great, but I suspect it won't.  In which case its either a coincidental fault or a dislodged connection within the wall plate or even the hub's internals.

If reconnecting the cable does not fix it, you can try texting VM on 07533016422, or dialling it in.  If dialling in, usually best to try about 8:00am to 8:20am.  You can try other times, but call waiting times will be very long.  An alternative if you can wait is to hang on here and the forum staff will pick this up and may be able to get a technician out.  That's usually the easiest way of getting it resolved, but response times vary between minutes and days.

And if re-connecting the cable doesn't work, you're not going to have cable broadband tomorrow, I'm afraid.  One possible temporary fix for work use is to use a mobile phone as a wifi hot-spot.  Speeds will usually be poor, and you'll use your mobile data allowance, but in my experience there's sufficient bandwidth to work from home and even video conference.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Super Hub 3 Issues

Hi jasonstatham11,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community forums. Sorry to hear that you are having connection issues with broadband. If the hub light is flashing green then it isn't receiving a signal from outside. This could be due to a loose cable connection or it might be that there is no signal. You can find out more about hub lights here

If there is no incoming signal to the home, then it is best to check if there is any area fault or issues, here 

If possible you can also try running a wired connection to the hub and checking if you are able to communicate to the hub or to be able to reset it, if not let us know how it goes.

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos