Menu
Petremoogleboob
Just joined
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Sudden dip in Mobile data speed

I have a mobile data account. The internet speed has suddenly dropped to a terrible rate for a week now. Virgin have told me that if the poor data speed continues they will let me cancel my account. I don't want to cancel my account, I just want good data speeds as I have had the majority of my contract.

Anyone got any ideas? I have checked with two neigbours on the same network both having the same experience. Virgin seem incapable of offering any real help so I'm reaching out on here for advice!

Thanks

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Sudden dip in Mobile data speed

Have you been moved off EE onto Vodafone.....that's one possibility.

The other is a local mast out of service causing congestion on those that are working.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Petremoogleboob
Just joined
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your response! They moved me from EE to Vodaphone as I had bad speed on EE, o2 is also on the same sort of speeds which makes me think it probably is a mast, but I can't get any answers... All customer service advosors seem to do is check the network status which is listed as good.. any idea how to try and get them to send an engineer out to check masts?
0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Sadly, Virgin as a Virtual Network don't have that much sway with Vodafone. They can report it but they don't have network engineers of their own.

Usually, the main networks are good at picking up faults, and let's face it they have far more customers to inform them.

789 customer services seem more and more useless as time goes on

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks