Menu
Cliff4
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Strange texts from Virgin Media

I've received two strange texts from Virgin Media today.  One says "Welcome to your voicemail!  We've created a mailbox for your number ...............".  I've had my phone with its current number for at least 10 years and have always had access to voicemail.  So why have I had this text?

The other text says "Thanks!  We've ordered your shiny new SIM and it'll be on its way shortly"  Does this text refer to the new SIM Virgin has already promised to send me relating to network changes?  If so, why does it say "Thanks"?

The reason I'm asking these questions is that I'm concerned someone might be attempting to clone my phone.

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Strange texts from Virgin Media

Hi there @Cliff4

We're currently undertaking what is called a SIM migration as we're updating our network. We are contacting all customers who require an updated SIM via text message advising as such and a new SIM will be posted to the account address we have listed on your account.

Once you receive your new SIM, please follow the instructions included to activate it and place in your handset to avoid loosing any services. 

I do hope that this has put your mind at ease. if you have any other questions, you know where we are. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos