Menu
Marj_B
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Stop letters & txts

Hi

I have left Virgin Mobile due to their appauling handling of the new SIMs which didn't work in my phone, and ported my number. However I am still getting both letters and txts saying my phone will stop working. How do I get Virgin to completely remove me from their database? Please don't say contact CS, if they were of any use whatsoever I wouldn't be asking.

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Stop letters & txts

Hello Marj_B

Sorry to hear this is still happening

You can log into your online account virg.in/youracc

And chose the option to opt out of contact 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
Marj_B
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Gareth

Hmmm. Forgot to mention that. I don't have an online account (or at least not one that I'm aware of). On the bright side, the txts finally seem to have stopped... I did get a letter saying that my phone no longer worked and that I would have to contact CS to get it working again, maybe they think it would be pointless to send more txts assuming I wouldn't get them.

Thanks anyway, hopefully it's all settled now. 

Marj_B 

0 Kudos
Marj_B
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I know I shouldn't be surprised but, today, 3 weeks after leaving VM I recieved a letter from the complaints dept. saying they were sorry with the service I was recieving, were looking into it and would be in contact within the next 28 days. On top of that they sent a new phone (Nokia 105), which incidentally wasn't the one promised.

*Update* Just recieved a call from VM re complaint. They have said they would update their info to say we have moved provider & will no longer send any texts, letters or handsets and will close the complaint. Hooray 🥳🥳🥳

Marj_B

0 Kudos
Melissa_F
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Marj_B,

I'm really sorry about this whole experience. 

Thank you for updating us. I'm glad you've now had a call and this has been taken care of.

Thanks

Melissa

0 Kudos