Menu
WorsleyXX
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Still waiting for unlock code for new SIM - is anyone from Virgin responding to the forms?

My new SIM card and accompanying letter arrived, but my mobile gives an 'Enter Subsidy Pass' prompt when I try to use the new SIM.  The letter with the SIM did not give the unlock code required, so I followed the instructions and requested an unlock code using the web form for this purpose on 6 Aug and again on 18 Aug. 

No response to either despite the 'within 72 hours' promised, so I still do not have the necessary unlock code and now I am getting reminders to install the new SIM asap!

Can a kind person help me obtain the unlock code I need so that I can get my new SIM installed and working?

Many thanks in anticipation,

Julian

0 Kudos
WorsleyXX
Joining in
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Still waiting for unlock code for new SIM - is anyone from Virgin responding to the forms?

Update - resolved by installing new SIM in a more recent model of mobile

No response to this post and still no response to my two web form requests, so I decided I needed to contact Virgin Mobile help on 789 (free) to speak to someone.  The warning of a possible 45 minute wait to get through proved quite accurate. 

After explaining the situation I was told that the age of my phone (an old Motorola V220 which I like for its small size and tactile nature), could be the problem as some older phones were not compatible with the new SIM.  

Fortunately, I had a somewhat more modern Motorola Razr and the new SIM worked fine in it without any problems.  I am disappointed that I have to 'retire'my V220 but relieved that the saga is over.

It would have been more helpful if Virgin Mobile pointed out this possible issue with getting the new SIM to work, or at least responded to the web form with this advice, rather than wasting a lot of my time and causing stress as it has.

Julian

0 Kudos